Monday 17 February 2020

The Game Begins!

Hi all,
Few days ago I learnt to move my camera and it turned out to be great! Some questions popped up in that regard, whether I could draw something according to a particular camera angle, what if I need more elements inside the shot, adjust the tilting angle of an object, etc. which we all should look for them in the Manual but unfortunately I could not find them comprehensive. Shame on me.

A colleague of mine let me know that I could add more objects inside each 'Collection'. Go to 'Object Mode' and look for 'Add' button. I'd have a lot of options, including for 'grease pencil' that allows me to create a totally blank layer to draw.

I added another camera with the same way, so I'd have two of them: one default-still camera and a moving camera.


What are those?
I decided to have a small exercise, where The Cat is having The Rat as his opponent in a badminton game. This exercise allows me to learn adding objects, adjusting objects in front of camera, and animating both objects and cameras.

In a matter of fact, previous paragraph is a cow-crap. I just wanted to show off my new pen-tablet: XP-Pen Artist 12"! I was so excited to have it, after seven full years using a small Wacom Intuos in both hard and happy times. Epic companion. The Intuos is still working, though. I would keep it just in case my XP-Pen frustrates me somehow in the future.

LOL


It's not... it's not what you think it is...
 
I made 4 objects in the shot: the shuttle, cat, rat, and the court. That way, we could adjust and shift each one with ease and allows us to animate them as well. I resized, shifted, tilted the rat and the cat and the shuttle to have them stand in their proper places in front of camera.

Those grids, right? They make you dizzy, right?

I felt a bit dizzy here, perhaps I miss-drawn on the wrong plane, I couldn't exactly control the perspective with my mouse LOL.

Then I adjusted the new camera, tilting around so you'll get a bit of unease and action feeling in this shot. I tried to truck the camera into the rat of the opposite court and it turned out cool.

The new camera view
There were two additional shots for this exercise, they are of simple one camera shots. I was quite comfortable with the result, although there were a lot of things I could improve in the next one.

Well, well...


No comments:

Post a Comment