Thursday 13 February 2020

Meet Koffie Cat (Part 4)

Hi everyone,

I watched Sociamix's tutorial and excitement filled my head all at once! I rushed to draw a not-so-quite-simple object to reproduce steps that was being conveyed in the video. There were a lot of things I learnt from it and well, apparently my assumptions of trial-and-error was quite a bit close to this tutorial. At least I didn't make dreadful things that could embarrass me after.

Previous trial

Basically, Blender allows you to draw on ALL 3D axis of x, y, and z. The drawing would be on the 0 (zero) position by default on each axis.

Draw in X, the default 2D Animation mode

Draw in Y

Draw in Z

Right click on the colourful buttons, or the 'preset viewpoint' (the x-y-z thing you see on top-right corner of viewport) to see and draw on different axis. Press 'camera' button to return to original position.

You can also zoom or drag with
these tools

Now, all of the drawings should be on the 0 positions which, sometimes it wasn't meant to. 

All of them are in default 0 position

Use tools in 'Edit Mode' to shift the strokes to any referred position in the drawing.

Do you notice the three arrows?

Well? Sounds like fun!

Do you think it's actually a 3D object, technically speaking?
Now Blender has astonished me with its hidden timeline right under the Grease timeline (in Grease, we call it as dope-sheet). I had no idea of its existence untill a colleague of mine told me. LOL! Look for tutorials before you jump into any drawings! This timeline allows me to see the objects' keyframes inside the scene anytime I move, rotate, or resize.

There! See?
Next post is about controlling camera of which I would have a bit of struggle to properly adjust.


This is the look of the drawing I made!
But, there was a just small-tiny-little mistake I made, at least this shouldn't be the efficient way to draw a 3D object with 2D technique (drawing, naturally), within a 3D software.



No comments:

Post a Comment