Monday 10 February 2020

Meet Koffie Cat (Part 3)

Hi all!
This is another progress from me. I could finally draw slightly faster in Blender and adding up a bit more poses without getting confused which key frames went to what drawing/pose. I think it's a good progress!

Looks cool, right? Actually those key frames are just repetitions

I had difficulties on shifting key frames from one place to another with my click-and-drag action. Most of the time the diamonds would not be shifted like I wanted to. Or it wouldn't be clicked at all. That simple action once had me quite frustrated.

But Blender has apparently an effective button to move them in the timeline. The button 'G'. Everytime I wanted to shift key frames, all I had to do was to select the diamonds and then press G. That way, I could move them without pressing the left-click-and-drag.

Neat.

Blender also prepares another 'Grease Mode', 'object interaction mode' - or whatever you'd want to call it - which I could switch any time during my drawing. We can find the switching among modes on top-left of our viewport.

What do you call that? 'Modes'?
The default mode we're working at should be 'Draw Mode'. Our pencils, pens, brushes, erasers, paint tools are in the 'Draw Mode'. I used to work in that mode only. I needed to draw key frames one by one, I had no idea there were other modes to shift line work (which, Blender calls it as 'stroke'), for example.

Edit Mode aand... selected

The Edit Mode allows me to shift outlines, or strokes. I found out that I had to shift the strokes in one visible layer only. Otherwise, other strokes in other layers would be affected. Should there be options to set the properties, I wouldn't know LOL. Later, perhaps, let me enjoy the sketching in a cool- 2D animation - opensource software. What a time to be alive!

I could also adjust the camera whenever I think the scene's composition wasn't good enough by switching to another layer in the 'Editor Type', it's the things you see on the top-right-corner of the screen.

The default look


It actually look like this. The stroke-and-camera layers are in the 'Outliner'

We should be working in a layer called 'Stroke' by default. Pick the 'Camera' layer to shift the camera and change the interaction mode to 'Object Mode'. You should see things like in the image below.

Shift the camera
I should be able to animate the camera but, I needed more time to learn it. So far, let's just shift the camera and see how it affect the whole scene.


Sketches and keyframes

I love drawing his balls.... Wait what?
But then, I watched this tutorial by Sociamix. That guy's tutorial is both awesome and comprehensive. Go check it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment